Friday, April 29, 2011

The Most Gorgeous Royal Wedding I've Ever Seen

Royal Wedding Day has arrived!  My Husband spent the night at work (field exercises), so Buoy and I woke up at 4am CST and turned on our coverage of choice…Clinton Kelly and TLC (oh, The Learning Channel; how far you’ve come).  I put together some pictures and my personal commentary because I know you're dying to hear it.


www.zimbio.com
 THE GUESTS’ ATTIRE: I liked Mrs. Middleton’s dove gray dress and jacket: cautious but lovely.  I thought little brother James’ contrast collar/burgundy tie/lemon yellow vest was very English and spiffy.  Camilla’s dress was alright but I thought the color washed her out.  Princess Beatrice came in with some kind of wack-a-doo carnival game on her head (I certainly hope she did it for a laugh).  Between her and Chelsy Davy's (Harry’s on-again-off-again girlfriend) teal prom reject, they looked like they were the unholy offspring of Ke$ha and Coco Chanel.  According to TLC, Princess Anne turned to her husband during the ceremony and said of Kate, “I think she’ll make him very happy.”  Victoria Beckham looked like the Wicked Witch of the West's hefty bag.

PIPPA’S DRESS: Little sister Pippa wore what looked like Kate’s second choice wedding dress.  I mean, obviously Kate had her wear ivory, but I found it too slinky and distracting.  She was sweet with the little bridesmaids, though.  And the half up/half down hair was pretty, but I wish Pippa didn’t look so much like Kate today.

www.celebnew.info
THE QUEEN’S DRESS: Her Majesty looked just like herself; fresh but boxy.  At first I thought the canary yellow was too much, but I suppose every eye would switch between the bride and the Queen anyway so she might as well wear her favorite color.

HARRY & WILLS: So cute together!  You can tell they are best friends.  William had to face the altar the whole time, but when Kate got to the doors Harry turned back and said to William, “Right, she is here now.”

KATE & MR. MIDDLETON: I love a devoted dad on his daughter's wedding day.  Kate was gripping her father's hand and trying to breathe steadily as she went down the aisle.  He kept asking if she was OK.  Adorable.

The Abbey was beautifully decorated; I loved the trees.  It made it more like a Parisian boulevard than the slightly intimidating tomb of the British elite.  And of course, Kate's gown was a stunning take on modern bride and traditional princess.  Very Grace Kelly (which I love, since that's what I went with my own wedding gown).  There was no “obey” in the vows, which I took out of my ceremony, too.  Girl power!
www.cbsnews.com

WILLS & KATE: Absolutely beautiful with each other.  While they were at the altar it was nice to see the prince struggling with facing forward…he kept sliding his eyes to the side to see Kate next to him.  Prince William said to Kate and she came up to the altar, “You look stunning, babe.” She said, “Yeah?” and he replied,“Yes, it looks fantastic; it’s beautiful.” I guess she kept her dress a surprise for him. How cute! Wills also joked to his father-in-law, “We were supposed to have just a small family affair.” Mr. Middleton looked properly bewildered the future king of England was being silly. 

The prince blinked a lot during his vows.  Tears?  No.  But I like to think he was on the brink.  I love a slightly teary-eyed groom.  Kate held up remarkably well.   I think her “tell” is licking her lips; she did that quite a bit on the altar.  I think they are really in love and happy.  Apparently she turned to him as they got into the carriage after the ceremony and said, “Are you happy?”  And he kept checking in with her and giving her little supportive looks and suggestions.  I loved it.  I loved them!  And when she came out on Buckingham Palace's balcony and said, "Oh wow," it was so touching for her to be affected that way.

Then they drove away in that Eco-friendly Astin-Martin with the balloons and the JUST WED license plate...so freaking cute without being saccharin.  I adore the both of them. 

Yes, I cried.  Yes, I'm making a big deal out of this.  But life is so crappy sometimes it's just refreshing to see two people under immense pressure have eyes only for each other.  I can only hope Prince William and Princess Catherine, the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, make each other half as happy as they made me today watching them :)


www.zimbio.com
www.cnn.com

www.cnn.com
www.people.com







No comments:

Post a Comment