Sunday, April 17, 2011

S S S & M M M (featuring Britney Spears and Rihanna)

Courtesy of http://mrkayrell.blogspot.com/
I hope you guys aren't disappointed that this is about Rihanna's remix to "S&M" featuring Britney Spears and not some secret girl-on-girl sex tape.  My apologies.

Anyway, have you heard that remix?  Rihanna's lyrics were one thing but Britney's take masochism to a whole new level:




Just one night full of sin (Oh oh oh oh oh)
Feel the pain on your skin (Oh oh oh oh oh)
Tough, I don't scream mercy
It's your time to hurt me
Yeah (Oh oh oh oh oh)
If I'm bad tie me down (Oh oh oh oh oh)
Shut me up, gag and bound (Oh oh oh oh oh) Me
'Cause the pain is my pleasure
Nothing comes better
Yeah



I love the beat to the song (excellent to do the stair machine to) and even though Rihanna's lyrics are on the dirty side, I felt like it was more dominatrix-like than not.  All of her songs have a tough, hardcore vibe even if she's wounded in them.  They remind me of the character Lady Heather from CSI: Las Vegas.  Vulnerability masked with the sheen of leather and Kool-Aid red hair color.

But Britney's just sound...painful.  Like, sex slave painful.  You'd think with a girl power tour for "Femme Fatale" featuring Nicki Minaj, her addition to "S&M" would be way ballsier than Rihanna's original stuff.

I was excited about this collaboration.  I love pop music and listen to it almost exclusively every workout.  Needless to say, after hearing the sample on iTunes I popped for the original instead.  It's counterproductive to try and push through the shortness of breath that comes with the treadmill by hearing about a girl getting the Dr. Pepper get smacked out of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment