Monday, March 28, 2011

Objects d'Art

The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art Kansas City, MO
My Husband and I visited Kansas City, Missouri this weekend.  We walked around the shops at Country Club Plaza, had an amazing dinner at Capital Grille and spent the night at the gorgeous, historic Raphael Hotel.  The next day I got to show off taking My Husband around the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (I minored in art history in college...specifically Southern Baroque art & architecture and English portraiture).

They had some beautiful pieces.  I took a bunch of pictures so you could see what we saw.  I don't have very many photos of paintings; I know turning off your flash protects the work, but the older the painting is the less inclined I am to photograph it at all.  I'm sorry I can't share the Caravaggio (Saint John the Baptist in the Wilderness) with you, but maybe you could visit it yourself.

It was really nice to walk around all the exhibits.  I miss museums desperately.  When I was on the East Coast, I was a regular at a number of fine art and science museums, planetariums, aquariums and zoos.  I get the same feeling I'd get as a kid on a field trip but it's better because I'm in charge :)  Plus, Nelson-Atkins has donation admittance, something I haven't seen since the semester I spent abroad in London.  So let these inspire you and have a beautiful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment