Sunday, May 1, 2011

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD

I have no words of my own so I'll have to give you words belonging to others. 

Osama bin Laden, the leader and symbol of Al-Qaeda, is dead. 

A small, elite United States CIA operation killed him during a firefight in a mansion outside of Islamabad, Pakistan.

He's dead.  The leader of those who scarred my existence and destined my marriage for separation is dead.  It's a justice I never thought would come to pass.  As CNN broadcasted the Breaking News the president would speak on an important event in United States security over an hour ago I never dreamed it was this.

Oh God in Heaven.  Oh gracious Father.  I can't speak the words I know I should be able to express. 

My Husband says this must be why General David Petraeus has been given the job as the head of the CIA.  He did this; he arranged this.  I want to name my first son after him.

Pakistan knew.  Of course they knew.  But it doesn't matter now.  I don't care.  Osama bin Laden is dead.  It's over.  Please God, let it be over for us all.

Tell everyone you know.  Wake up your children, shout it from your windows.  I haven't stopped crying since I heard the news. 

Osama bin Laden is dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment