Friday, June 17, 2011

Childhood Celebrity Crushes and other Random Stuff

I came across the movie Summer Catch on MTV yesterday.  It's not a good movie, but it made me remember how much I loved Freddie Prinze Jr. as a teen.  She's All That was the first film I saw in theaters with my friends (sans parents) and I had a huge crush on him for a number of years.  He has this really attractive kind of earnestness that makes me get all gooey inside.
 
He's been married to Sarah Michelle Gellar (who's now Sarah Michelle Prinze) since 2002 and they have one daughter, Charlotte Grace.  So as of right now they appear to be blessedly normal as well as pretty good actors.  That makes me love them even more :)  Dear Prinze family: you're awesome!  I hope you're all happy and healthy. 

I never had a crush on Leonardo DiCaprio, even though he was a favorite among my peers.  I actually didn't appreciate him at all until I saw Blood Diamond and his interviews afterward.  After that his attractiveness level totally shot up.

My older sister Chloë and I had pretty similar taste in celebrity crushes for a few years.  We both liked Prince William (she grew out of that, I never did) and actor Jonathan Brandis who we watched on seaQuest DSV.  Then she kind of went alternative/musician-y and I turned left at athlete/actor/accented.

As for younger sister Sarah, she like athlete/funny/goofy.  She actually had a big crush on Lance Bass from *NSYNC, which we still tease her about (in case you don't know, Bass is gay).

On another random note that only has a slight connection to my childhood in the 90s:
Is it just me or do the Katy Perry song "Last Friday Night" and the Lady Gaga song "The Edge of Glory" make use 90s sitcom-style theme song trumpets? Every time I hear those tunes I wanna go, "Choo-be-doo-bah-baahh-dah..." (that's from the Full House theme, in case you couldn't decode my phonetics).  Take a listen and see if you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment