Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Something

Oh, America.  Have you missed me?

The past month has been one of the most eventful of my life.  I'm pregnant with my first child.

According to my math (we haven't had an ultrasound to confirm yet) I'm 9 weeks along and due on or around April 15, 2012.  My nausea has been terrible, my fatigue a real chore.  And I'm fat.

I know it's a miracle...hell, I've spent dozens of posts chronicling our attempts to conceive.  Still, the physical symptoms are intense and it's hard to be super-excited.

My Husband IS super-excited, as is his family.  His sister India is also pregnant (she's due March 30) and took our news much better than I expected.  I was worried she'd feel like we're "stealing her thunder" or something, especially if we have a boy and she has another girl.  They're desperate for a boy since they're convinced no girl could be any better than their first daughter, now about two years old.

If we have a boy and they have a girl, I think there will be some drama.  If they have a boy and we have a boy, I think there will be some lesser drama since our boy will be the first one to carry the Delaney surname.  Basically when it comes to My Husband's family I anticipate drama in some shape or form.

My family is excited, though a bit more dignified about it.  My sisters are both very happy for me, and my parents are too...although they're less interested in the day-to-day business than my in-laws are.

So I'm reading my books and doing my research.  I have a belly and no one can tell me I don't.  My pants don't button.  And my belly is HARD...no one ever mentioned that to me.  It's like I have a piece of concrete under my belly button.

In other news, I have tentatively entered into the world of writing once again.  I'm entering a story in a Mills & Boon "New Voices" contest.  Mills & Boon is a British publishing company with ties to Harlequin in the United States; yes, my piece is a romance novel.  Please read it, comment on it and vote for it at:

http://www.romanceisnotdead.com/

And to the half a dozen or so readers who continued to check back here all last month to see if I'd posted anything new...I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment