Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pizza for Protests

Thought I'd share a little story I heard from my mom when she called to catch up this afternoon.  She's a big NPR fan and has it on in the car all the time. 

Here's the link:
http://www.NPR.org/2011/02/21/133932741/global-donations-feed-protesters-in-Wisconsin

Apparently the pizza place across from the green where all the Wisconsin protests are going on brings their leftover pizza at the end of the night to the people congregated there.  Some non-Wisconsians heard about it and started ordering food specifically to be sent to the protesters.  I guess calls are coming in now from all over the world.

Now, I don't know a lot about what's going on in the Cheese State, but I think it has something to do with unions and is an extremely touchy issue.  It seems the whole world is in a state of upheaval.

As a soldier's wife, international and domestic unrest makes me nervous.  I'd rather my husband not be deployed to Libya.  Or to Wisconsin because all the National Guards are in Afghanistan.  Hopefully everyone can just handle their own and leave My Husband out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment