Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Every Bird as it's Reared and for the Lark, the Bog." -- Irish Proverb

Dear Digital Universe,
My name is Lark Delaney.  I am almost 26 years old and I live with My Husband and our spaniel, Buoy, in one of the square states in Midwestern America.  My Husband is a soldier and the U.S. Army stationed us here just after our summer 2009 wedding.
I spent my first year here alone with Buoy…My Husband deployed overseas just after we moved in.  He returned safely in July 2010 and we’ve been adjusting to living together permanently since.
My parents have been married for 30 years and live in the Northeast, where I grew up.  I have an older sister, Chloë, who lives with her boyfriend about 20 minutes from my parents.  My younger sister, Sarah, works at a small college on one of the Great Lakes and is getting her Master’s degree while she’s at it.
Both of my sisters went to (or are attending) graduate school.  I spent four years at Major Metropolitan University (not Major Metropolitan College, which is only a few miles away) and graduated a year before My Husband finished up at his Military College.  I worked a number of small jobs the following 12 months to save up for our wedding.  It’s been almost four years since I completed university and I haven’t come close to a job that has anything to do with my journalism degree.
I can’t remember a time I wasn’t writing…my mom probably still has my original crayon-crusted picture books about unicorns and talking dogs floating around somewhere in their attic.  When My Husband deployed a handful of people suggested I start a blog about my “experiences,” but frankly, I didn’t handle the deployment as well as I could have and didn’t want to poison the internet community with my pessimistic ramblings.  My slightly cynical, possibly sarcastic and occasionally interesting quips about everyday life now that I’m recovering will be much more entertaining for you, I’m sure.
So thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope you’ll be a regular visitor here.
Yours,
Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment